Ten Reasons Why You Should Stay in a Stellenbosch Guest House
Stellenbosch is one the Western Cape’s most popular and beautiful towns. Here, guests are treated to magnificent views, beautiful wines, and a town seeped in culture, heritage and history. Not only will you find staying in Stellenbosch relaxing and rejuvenating, but you’ll be enchanted by the sheer beauty of the majestic mountains, vineyards and quaint towns. Just in case you haven’t yet been persuaded, here is our top ten reasons why you should get away from the stresses of your routine for a couple of days and stay in a beautiful Stellenbosch guest house.
- By staying in a Stellenbosch guest house you’ll be able to experience true luxury and indulgence. Stellenbosch is a town that brings sophistication to the simple joys or life; by staying in a Stellenbosch guest house you’ll be pampered with pure quality and made to feel like royalty whilst enjoying the beauties of the Winelands and Stellenbosch. Guest house accommodation brings a personal touch to a holiday; allowing guests to feel extra special whilst enjoying their stay.
- Staying in the heart beat of Stellenbosch allows visitors to experience the best of what it has to offer and enjoy the laid back yet excited atmosphere of the town. Stellenbosch guest house and lodge accommodation is the perfect place for guests to stay if they want to feel at home whilst discovering everything that Stellenbosch has to offer. Whilst exploring the attractions of the town and visiting different wine farms, guests will have a place to belong and be a part of the excitement.
- Stellenbosch is a town seeped in culture. It was established by Dutch and English settlers during the 18th century and has kept many of the age old traditions of the Cape alive. Today, Stellenbosch is a very Afrikaans town and is home to beautiful Afrikaans boutiques and restaurants. By merely walking along the beautiful oak lined streets of Stellenbosch you’ll get a sense of the tradition and rich heritage that makes up the town. Beautiful Dutch and English architecture, with the odd modern building makes up the centre of Stellenbosch; a truly beautiful sight to be seen.
- If you’re a wine lover or simply enjoy the odd glass of red, you’ll have the time of your life exploring the vineyards and cellars surrounding the town of Stellenbosch. Guest house accommodation can even be found on some of the beautiful vineyards, however staying in town and making day trips to different wineries and sub-routes along the wine route is equally rewarding and can be even more satisfying.
- Staying in a Stellenbosch guest house is affordable. Not only will you be able to experience beautiful and quality accommodation but you’ll be able to enjoy it at a price that your wallet is comfortable with. Staying in a Stellenbosch guest house in town is often cheaper than staying on a wine farm or on one of the many surrounding vineyards.
- Stellenbosch is a great place for antique shoppers and art collectors. Stroll through the town of Stellenbosch whilst stopping at art galleries and boutiques to discover the best of what some of the local artists and crafters have to offer. Home-made jams and preserves can also be found amongst the endless wine racks of “to die for” wines.
- If you’re big on outdoor activities, you’ve come to the right place. Participate in water sports, go on hikes, and even go mountain biking. This is also a beautiful place for runners and is an incredible place to skydive.
- The town of Stellenbosch is only half an hour away from Cape Town and is just one hour away from the whale-watching town of Hermanus. By booking a stay in a Stellenbosch guest house you’ll reach your destination after just a short drive and will even be able to visit nearby areas of interested such as Franschhoek, Paarl and Worcester.
- Stellenbosch is a town alive with enchanting and award winning restaurants, making it one of the most popular destinations for avid foodies. By staying in a Stellenbosch guest house you’ll find yourself enjoying the delicious produce of the locals and the exciting creations of some of the country’s finest and most established chefs.
- Lastly, Stellenbosch is an idyllic town which leaves guests with no choice but to relax and be spontaneous with their time. Here, the lifestyle is lazy and routines are simple, allowing guests and locals to enjoy the simply things in life luxuriously. By staying in a Stellenbosch guest house you’ll feel yourself unwinding in the tangible relaxing atmosphere and will have every one of your needs looked after.
If our list hasn’t persuaded you to stay in a guest house whilst visiting Stellenbosch, a day trip through the area ought to do the trick. Choose to stay in a Stellenbosch guest house for a truly relaxing getaway in a town that never disappoints.