Bonne Esperance Boutique Guest House
is load-shedding free.
Light the way
To a load-shedding and power outage-free Stellenbosch guest house accommodation
We got the power
Powered by the sun
Lighting your world
With load shedding solutions via solar panels and battery back-up power
"We Got the Power" - Renewable Energy at Bonne Esperance Guest House
Stay connected and don’t miss a beat when the lights go out. With all the preparation and expenditure that goes into a vacation, the last thing you need to be concerned about is sitting in a dark hotel room, hungry, and without Wi-Fi. Don't worry, we've got you covered!
From the middle of April 2023, Bonne Esperance Boutique Guest House and Studio Apartments will be completely operational during rolling blackouts (or load shedding as we call it in South Africa) and have uninterrupted power supply. In the meantime we have back-up power on the Wi-Fi and lights in the rooms and communal areas.
We decided to not take the quick and easy route by installing a generator because we do not want to add to the air and noise pollution that is already a problem in the world. As most of the year in Stellenbosch is sunny, we have chosen to install solar or PV panels with lithium ion battery backup. Our power solution focuses on renewable solar energy, avoiding diesel driven generation and is more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
The system is robust enough so that our guests can enjoy all the luxuries that we are so renowned for.
We look forward to welcoming you to the light.
The following will work in the guest rooms during loadshedding from the middle of April 2023:
3. All the lights
4. All the charging stations and plugs
5. Nespresso machine and kettle
7. Heated towel rail
8. Mini bar fridge
9. Hot water
10. Carbon filtered and purified water in the taps from our borehole
The following will work in the public areas during loadshedding from the middle of April 2023:
1. All the lights will stay on, in the parking area, garden, veranda, breakfast room, foyer and in the passages.
2. The breakfast room will be fully operational with all the menu items on offer and coffee machine working
3. Wi-Fi throughout all the public areas
4. Full snack menu around the swimming pool
5. All the charging stations and plugs
In the meantime we have the following in place:
1. Wifi is fully operational during power outages or load shedding at both properties
2. Battery operated lights in the rooms with USB charging point
3. Lights in the passages and public areas
4. Full breakfast menu available because we are cooking with gas
We look forward to welcoming you to a loadshedding proof experience from the middle April 2023.