ACTIVE STELLENBOSCH - COME JOIN THE ADVENTURE
The Stellenbosch winelands does not only provide the perfect destination for wine connoisseurs, but also creates the perfect platform for adventure enthusiasts to cycle, climb and run. We have highlighted some adventure packed activities for you to do during your stay at Bonne Esperance Guest House.
Mountain Bike Trails
Stellenbosch is fastly becoming one of the top MTB destinations of South Africa with more than 500km of trail to explore. Gear up and test yourself on these trails:
- Coetzenburg MTB Trails Trailhead: for the beginner to pro, including XCM course, and access to other trail networks. This trail and only 2km from the guest house.
- G-spot MTB Trail: G-spot is home to some of the area’s most hotly contested strava segments. People from all over the world come to train in this remarkable environment that the Western Cape has to offer, it is only a two kilometre long gradually descending singletrack trail with jumps and berms; and more jumps and berms.
- Jonkershoek Trails offers trails from 10-45km. The rugged Jonkershoek Mountains, which form part of the Boland Mountains, are ideal for mountain biking enthusiasts. Have a look at the map or download the Stellenbosch Cycling Map, which includes all the routes, ratings, and operators in the area.
Clay Pigeon Shooting
This fun activity is offered at Wild Clover Farm, just outside of Stellenbosch. They offer a selection of the best-of-the-best shooting experiences and offers a number of packages for your convenience, including different amount of shots with extras. You can check availability and book directly on their website.
Horse Riding Cape Town offers a unique way to experience the Stellenbosch Vineyards with their Stellenbosch Vineyard Outrides. Their trails meanders through vineyards and wine farms at the foot of the Simonsberg Mountain. The riders will experience the breath-taking views while traveling from farm to farm. The riders will be treated to some wine and mouth-watering cuisine served in the shade of century old oak trees, choices include old family farm style food to modern cheese and tapenade platters. During winter a crackling fireplace will warm you after a fresh outride.
Enquire and book directly on their website.
They offer the following packages:
- 1 Hour Stellenbosch Vineyard Outride at R325 pp (Suitable for novice to experienced riders)
2 Hour Stellenbosch Vineyard Outride at R650 pp (Suitable for novice to experienced riders)
3.5 Hour Wine Tasting Outride at R850 pp
Including wine tasting and cheese platter en-route Approx. 2 hours in the saddle. (Suitable for novice to experienced riders.)
- Half Day Outride at R1050 pp
Including wine tasting and cheese platter en-route. (Suitable for intermediate to experienced riders)
- Full Day Outride at R1650 pp
10h00 – 16h00. Including wine tasting at two wine farms en-route and lunch. Approx. 4-4,5 hours in the saddle(Suitable for intermediate to experienced riders)
The Adventure Shop in Stellenbosch will take you on a quad bike adventure. This quad biking venue is near Stellenbosch in the Paarl area. They offer different trail options:
- One hour nature trail: A trail through the vineyards and into the surrounding nature reserve.
- Hour and a half nature trail: Extension of the One Hour Trail, including a view point stop.
- Two hour nature trail: Beautiful route going into the Paarl Nature Reserve.
Join the knowledgeable guide of the Adventure Shop to take you on a picturesque hike to the Jonkerhoek Waterfall. The trail is a short 6.5km hike with some adventurous climbing. The cost is R 650 per person and will include:
- Guided hike
- Permit for Jonkershoek Nature Reserve
- Snack pack
- Transport to and from nature reserve
Falke Full Moon Hikes
This 9.75km marked circle route through the vineyards starts at the Trail Centre located on the Delvera Farm. Dates: 20 Jan, 21 Jan, 19 Feb, 21 Mar, 19 Apr, 18 May
Time: Arrival between 16:00 - 17h30, depending on hike
Venue: Dirtopia Trail Centre, Delvera Farm, R44 between Klapmuts and Stellenbosch
Cost: R100pp & R50 for children under 10yrs (incl permit, marked route & map, optional shuttle) R150pp and R50 for children under 10 yrs (includes shuttle & map)